1. Identity and contact information
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is provided by David Liebst, trading as David Liebst Photography UK, of The Sheepcote, Risbury, Herefordshire, HR60NJ. It covers your rights in relation to the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (“PECR”).
This Notice also explains how David Liebst Photography UK complies with the DPA, GDPR and PECR as well.
David Liebst Photography UK is both the controller and a processor of all personal data collected.
Date this Notice was created: 16th May 2018
Date this Notice was last modified: 25.06.2019
2. Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have a number of different rights relating to your personal data and how it is processed. They are as follows:
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Right to access your personal data, and any supplementary information which constitutes personal data.
- Right to have your personal data rectified; this means you can ask me to correct your personal data if it changes, turns out to be inaccurate, or is incomplete.
- Right to have your personal data deleted; this means that you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data. There are some circumstances when you do not have this right.
- Right to restrict me processing your personal data.
- Right to data portability.
- Right to object to me processing your personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling.
Most of these Rights will apply to your personal data and how it is processed by David Liebst Photography UK, but some (such as the right to data portability and rights related to automated decision making including profiling) are not relevant to this business at the time of writing.
3. The data I collect, how I use it and why
Client contact information
I use personal data, provided directly and voluntarily to me by clients, for two purposes. The first is to carry out my contractual obligations. This means that it’s information I need to do my job. This personal data includes, names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and further information which I need to complete your photography requirements.
The second purpose is for me to analyse and understand behaviour of my clients to assist me in relation to sales and marketing exercises. For example, to better understand where you heard about me and whether or not you choose to book me, as well as pages visited and durations. This is a legitimate interest and a reasonable expectation that most people would have about a business.
Photography Service Pricing and Payment
Pricing for photography services will be provided at the time of enquiry, made through the “request a quote” page on my website. Payment can only be made through direct BACS transfer.
Gallery, Prices and Downloads.
Return and Refund Policy
Requests for refunds and returns can only be made within 14 days, and are subject to review. To request a refund or return please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +447943313134.
4. How your data is stored.
Data is collected from you electronically and physically. If you decide to book me as your wedding photographer I will send you my contract by email. I will ask you to fill it and post or email it back to me. I print a hard copy and store this in secure files at home, not online. The email version of it will stay in my email account for 1 year and then all emails between us will be deleted.
Contact and communicating with me
Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and only where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to occasionally send you products/services information through a mailing list system.
Email mailing lists and marketing messages
In the future we may operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or latest news. Users can subscribe through an online automated process only where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the DPA / GDPR regulations named above. Subscribers will be able to unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages. The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, will be clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
6. Sharing information with third parties
Other than those third parties mentioned in this Notice and listed below, David Liebst Photography UK shall not pass your personal data to any third party.
Your personal data may, subject to my obligations to comply with data protection legislation, be shared with the following third parties:
- Shootproof, as further described above;
- Second photographers who join me on wedding shoots and need information to be able to do their job;
- Having taken precautions to maintain the security of such personal data, I may in certain circumstances share personal data with the ICO, and other legal, regulatory and law enforcement bodies;
In certain circumstances I may also share your personal data with third party media businesses for the purposes of marketing my offerings, improving my services, and running a profitable business. These third party businesses may include, wedding magazines/publications, wedding websites, social media sites, or other outlets, with the aim of raising public awareness of my business.